The Boggy Creek Monster is the antagonist in the 1972 mocumentary film, The Legend of Boggy Creek.
A look at the `Fouke Monster', a Bigfoot-type creature that has been sighted in and around Fouke, Arkansas since the 1950s.
The Boggy Creek Monster is never revealed clearly. It appears to be a large apeman type creature resembling a sasquatch or bigfoot. Hairy, stinky and big.
Powers and Abilities
Boggy Creek Monsters possess the following powers and abilities:
- Stealth in forests
- Capture evasion
- Carries off or buries their dead
The Boggy Creek Monster survives the events of this film. This adds to the active Fouke Monster legend.
- The film is based upon actual reported encounters with a Bigfoot creature in the Fouke-Boogy Creek area of Arkansas throughout the 1960s and early 1970s. Most of the actors in the film were the actual people from the encounters.
- Nearly all of the cast never appeared in another film.
- While never directly shown, the face of the monster can be glimpsed for less than two seconds during the climactic attack on the Ford cabin, where (if viewed in still-frame mode) it is revealed to be nothing more than a gorilla mask with enlarged eye-holes.
- There have been two sequels, in 1977 and 1984. The second one was directed by the original "Boggy Creek" director, Charles B. Pierce. There was also a remake in 2010, a documentary in 2016 and another remake has been in the planning stages.